Tuesday, October 30, 2007

CD Releases for the Week of October 29th

Albeit, it's a touch late, but here are some albums to look for in your local music store...

Eagle has compliled some of the late Barry White's work for release today. Pick up a copy of "An Evening with Barry White" and play it for someone you love.

Re-released is "Ballads", from the John Coltrane Quartet. This was first issued in 1962. Glad to see you can still find this in circulation. Also, look for the solo work, simply called "Coltrane", on the Verve label.

Blues Traveler has another album, titled "Cover Yourself". This is their first in two years. I also recommend their "Live on the Rocks", recorded from a show at the beautiful Red Rocks Ampitheater in Morrison, CO!

Look for a David Bowie boxed set from Sony Records. I love this guy so much, I named my fish after him.

Brit-Rock newcomers, the Fratellis, release their sophomore album this week. "Edgy in Brixton" will be on the Cherry Tree label.

"Fraggle Rockin' a Collection" is also released this week, and those of you who followed my nostalgia kick this month know that I'm most excited about this one!

Enjoy!

No comments: