Tuesday, March 4, 2008

David Archuletta, Schmavid Archuletta...


I'm about to make a serious confession here, so please, do not think any less of me. I have been watching this season of American Idol. This is, in part, due to the writer's strike leaving me without any new episodes of Scrubs, The Office, or Pushing Daisies. I have to admit something that might make me the creepy, old lady, but I have a totally harmless crush on Jason Castro. He reminds me of the very first boy I liked in high school. Aside from being adorable, this guy pulled off a Leonard Cohen song tonight that shocked me. The voice break was an accident, but the judges totally bought it as a "vulnerability". Double points for that. American Idol does Leonard Cohen? I mean, sure, it's one of the most recognizable tunes he's done, but still. I have no more words.

Well, I guess I have one more sentence: If I believed in text messaging, I would vote for the kid.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I thought I knew who the first boy was, but now I'm not sure. Who does he remind you of????

Geeky Bunny said...

No, it wasn't Jared (my first high school boyfriend). Technically it was Dylan Burns, though he never had dreadlocks. I always loved those long-haired, hippie boys and their guitars. What's funny is, a year later, Dylan and I actually became close friends and I named my guitar after him. He was such a nice kid. I've been wondering what he's been up to, since he graduated a year behind us.

Anonymous said...

i am shocked....
(what'd he sing, anyway, 'tower of song'?)

Geeky Bunny said...

No, it was the song most often played with a tv character dies. That, of course, would be "Hallelujah". If you think about it, though, that's not really a fitting tribute.