Monday, March 3, 2008

Hotties of the Month: Academy Awards Edition

I wasn't going to watch them this year, but Jon Stewart is just such a draw. It was actually a pretty good show, despite the fact that they forgot Brad Renfro in the "In Memoriam" section. Heath was there, of course, but no love for Brad. I remembered him in my own way the following night, by watching Ghost World and then trying to count the number of times my sister and I watched The Cure on cable.

Well, I suppose I'll give you my picks for March Hotties...





Your Male Hottie is Javier Bardem. Aside from being an Oscar winning actor, he paints and plays rugby. Me encanta. If you haven't seen No Country for Old Men yet, do yourself a favor and get to a theater. It is a brilliant adaptation of a genius Cormac McCarthy novel. It'll just help you to get through it to know how smoldering Mr. Bardem is underneath the psychosis and Prince Valiant haircut.



Your Female Hottie is the adorable Ellen Page. I did finally get to see Juno, and now I see what all the buzz was about. In interviews, Ellen is smart and sassy, like her character. She also seemed so laid back and humble. Like someone you would go grab a beer with. She even had Barbara Walters singing a Moldy Peaches song, which is something I never thought I would live to see. I'd commend her, but to be honest, it's a little scary to know that Babs is down with the Peaches. I might have to start listening to the Doodletown Pipers and Lawrence Welk to stay alternative. Keep your eyes on this gal. Her career is just taking off. I can't wait to see what she does next.

No comments: