Monday, March 31, 2014

A Long Time Ago, We Used to be Friends...

I admit it.  I'm a Marshmallow.  I'm also a big ol' softie, but in this case I'm referring to being a die hard Veronica Mars fan. If you can't name the catchy theme song by The Dandy Warhols in the first two bars, I'm not sure we can be friends.

I saw the Kickstarter-ed movie on opening night, and absolutely adored it. I hate spoilers as much as the next geek, so you'll get none from me. I will just say two things.  It's totally worth the 7 year wait we endured to get it and Mac's hair is f-i-e-r-c-e you guys.  Fierce! If you haven't seen it, go now. If you don't want to go outside, you don't have to. There's a digital download available and you can sit and watch it in your mother's living room with your laundry clothes on where no one can see you.  I have no personal experience with this. Really.

Now I can hear some of you saying "Why do I want to see a movie for a television show I haven't even seen?"  What?  You're killing me, Smalls.  You haven't seen Veronica Mars?  But Joss Whedon and Stephen King love it!  There are fantastic cameos throughout the three seasons from people you would never expect! It has Ken Marino from The State and Party Down doing this:



Sold, yet?  Buy all three seasons here.  Still on the fence?  This video of the show's star, Kristen Bell, talking about how much she loves sloths will cinch it for you.

Already a Marshmallow? The Thousand Dollar Tan Line just came out last week. The audio version is, of course, read by K-Bell herself. It promises to be the first in a series of novels by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham. 

Is one of the characters really getting a spinoff?  Yep, in web-series form.  Read about it here.

I also read this partial interview with creator Rob Thomas, who hinted at the possibility of more crimes, more cases, and more witty repartee. Yes!

Hey, Rob.  Now can we get that Party Down movie we've been waiting for?

XOXO,

Gossip Girl, err...I mean Geeky Bunny

No comments: