Sunday, March 30, 2014

What's Happenin', Hot Stuff?

If you read that in your best Donger voice, I love you.  Let's do lunch. If you didn't, I haven't been drinking. This is what I'm talking about:


John Hughes forever!

Lately I've been feasting on this tattoo artist's eye candy.  It is weird.  It is original. It is glorious.  If I didn't think my mother would come at me with a loofah in an attempt to remove it, I would so get one.  I'm thinking the 3D glasses or the Adventure Time one from this page.

Speaking of Adventure Time, Indie Wire wrote this great article about why you should be watching it, if you aren't already.  I recently bonded with my cousin's ten-year-old over our mutual love for it, much to the dismay of his mother. It's funny in a way that appeals to kids, but is laced with lines that are clearly meant for thirtysomething adults.  It has John DiMaggio, who we have loved as Bender Bending Rodriguez on Futurama and Stimpy the Cat on Ren and Stimpy. Lena Dunham has even guested as the voice of one of the characters.  Don't take my word for it, though.  Bingewatch it on Netflix now.  They just added new episodes!

As for Lena Dunham, I just watched this very charming interview she did with Jimmy Fallon on the Tonight Show.  Think what you want to about Girls. Even criticize the indiscriminate nudity, if you must.  I doubt you'll walk away from this 5 minute conversation she has about Reese Witherspoon's "Man in the Moon" without kinda loving her. 



The death of Lou Reed back in January really affected me in a very deep way.  I spent a great deal of time in high school devouring his music and discovering art because of him.  He lead me to paint and work in collage and stencils after reading about his collaborations with Andy Warhol. I recently heard a very haunting and beautiful tribute cover of "Walk on the Wild Side" by one of my favorite artists, Joseph Arthur, that was too fantastic not to share.  It's clear to me after listening that his influence affected others very deeply, as well.  A full album's worth of influence, Lou, is due in early May. Here is the magic

No comments: