Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Beauty Review...


...and this might fall into the "too little too late" category. I'll explain why in a minute.

I'd imagine that none of you are shocked that I'm featuring another Origins product here. What can I say? I'm a big fan. It's natural, not terribly expensive, and always lasts a very long time. If you haven't made your way into a store, don't waste another second. It's all good stuff. I'll remain loyal, regardless of the situation, because this was the first line to actually clear up my skin. No more acne, and reduction of overall scarring. What's not to love?

Now, getting to the review. My featured product is Origins Cocoa Therapy Deeply Nourishing Body Butter. The very first thing I noticed when I opened the jar was the intoxicating scent. It's heavenly cocoa, with just a hint of orange. It brings me back to childhood for a moment and slightly reminds me of Tootsie Pops, or hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. It put some on my slightly damp skin, and it absorbed beautifully. No mineral oils = no greasy afterfeel. I used it again later in the day to give myself a calorie free boost, and it still soaked right in.

Upon further investigation, I disovered that this moisturizer contains all the feel-good properties that is inherently in chocolate. It has Vitamins A - E, and lots of good for you minerals. It also has the anti-oxidant properties that are just as important for your skin as they are for you to eat.

There are a ton of other products in this line, though sadly, my local store only carries this one item. You can get a lot of them at Origins.com, however, it looks like they no longer carry the purse sized roll-on fragrance, or the cocoa-flavored tinted lip balms. This is what I meant when I said "too little, too late". Boo! The good news is, there is a team dedicated to finding discontinued products for customers, so if there are still any items out there, they will hunt them down for you, and you can buy up to 3 of them at a time. Just another reason I love Origins!

No comments: