Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Plea From a Sick and Miffed Retail Employee...


Since I sound like a cross between Bea Arthur and Marge Simpson this morning and am also running a temperature, I am putting this plea out there. Please, please, pretty please, if you are sick, postpone your shopping excursions. This will be the second time I have been ill in the 3 weeks before Christmas. The people helping you purchase your presents are incredibly stressed already. This weakens our immune systems and passes any and all germs with a vengance. Make sure you're washing your hands constantly and DO NOT wait until the last minute to wrap up your gifting. I also ask that you please refrain from coughing on or around me. Frankly, that's just rude.


That being said, if you see me today, please be kind. I'd love nothing more than to go back to bed, but I'll be there wrapping your gifts, ringing your purchases, and doing my darndest to make sure you have a good Christmas, because I am an integral part of running the store you are shopping in. Next year, do not wait until the last 3 days to complete your list, and you will be giving your help the best present of all.

No comments: