Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow Storm?


Nah. It was more like a light dusting. There are some icy patches on the roads, but not enough to cause any accidents. Thankfully, I have the day off tomorrow, and plan to avoid going out, in case my estimations are off.


Thought I'd post a few suggestions for last minute gifts I've seen while hunting around on my breaks from work. All of these things are available online, so you don't have to worry about braving the cold, or the crowds at the mall. A lot of these places giftwrap for free, so take advantage of it. It's a gift in and of itself.


Aveda has some great gifts for hair and body. They smell great, and are natural, too. Plus, they offer 2nd day shipping on orders of $40 or more.


Brookstone has these great lighted coasters. Put your clear glasses on them, and they light up, changing the color of your drink. They come 4 to a set, and would be great for that guy or gal on your list who seeks the unique.


Gap has some cute scarves, hats, and gloves. Look for the (PRODUCT) RED ones, for a warm gift that does good!


Origins has cute snow leopards for the kid in all of us. $3 from every purchase goes to save snow leopards in the Kyrgyzstan mountains in Central Asia. Sadly, only 300 are still roaming in their natural habitat.


Clinique has a unique gift idea. Customize a bottle of Happy with the photo of your choice. Get them in right away, though. It takes 10 business days for the finished product.


That's what I saw today. I'll post more ideas for you in the days to come. I hope everyone is staying warm and isn't stressing. I know it's cliched to tell you to remember "the reason for the season", but I hope it helps to put gifting into perspective. It's not about the gifts we give, but about the gift we were given!

No comments: