Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Useful and Green Way to Clean!


I used to use Comet to clean out just about everything: the kitchen and bathroom sinks, the bathtub, sometimes even the commode. It works, but let's face it, it's not environmentally friendly, and it's kinda rough on your skin. I have a little suggestion that will give big results, and help save the Earth.


You know the boxes of Baking Soda you keep in your fridge to keep the smellies away? When you're done with it, you usually toss it out, yeah? Don't. Save it. For cleaning a small area you can mix a tablespoon of it with a teaspoon of lemon juice (you were going to use it it to flavor that water you're supposed to be drinking), and voila! You have a gentle, yet abrasive cleansing paste that smells great and cleans just as well as the Comet. Give it a try. It cleaned my stainless steel sink beautifully and removed stains from my shower. I'm a fan now, so I'll be using it from now on.

No comments: