Sunday, April 20, 2014

Geeky Bunny's Week in Review: Easter Edition

Happy Easter, Everyone.  I'm foregoing my usual weekly roundup to share some of the fun stuff floating around on the internet today.  Grab your baskets and get hopped up on candy. Here's the best of the best for your holiday.

I sing this on most days, but it seems most appropriate today, so enjoy:



Even though I totally disagree with Reese's Eggs landing in the #9 slot, Buzzfeed has the Ultimate Ranking of Easter Candy.

You can make beautiful silk dyed Easter eggs, with my homegirl, Martha. Not sure I'd want to cut up Hermes scarves for this, though.

According to Gawker, maybe you should think about going to church, today.  I gotta say, it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth, though. 

Want to be festive, but not too festive? Here are a few songs to put on your Easter playlist that are accidentally appropriate. Well, okay.  Maybe they're more 4/20 appropriate.

Magnetic Fields - Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Bright Eyes - Down in a Rabbit Hole
Kimya Dawson - Velvet Rabbit
Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus
UNKLE (featuring Thom Yorke) – Rabbit In Your Headlights.  
Beastie Boys – Egg Man. 
Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg
Mr. Bungle - Egg
Candy - Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson

Have I forgotten any?  Send me your selections and I'm serious about that ham. 




No comments: