Tuesday, April 15, 2014

TV Workouts: Wait, What?

I'm trying to be better to my body. I'm getting to be an age where weight doesn't just fall off if I lay off the soda and chips for a week.  It takes real effort to get that scale to budge. This is heartbreaking for a girl who loves watching television and movies, and sold her Gazelle a couple of years to make ends meet.

Turns out there are actually quite a few workouts created to go along with your favorite movies and shows. Game of Thrones has one, Harry Potter (well, Sorcerer's Stone, anyway), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, even New Girl. The idea is to treat it like a drinking game, only instead of taking shots when something happens on your screen you do lunges, squats or chest flys.  If you want to play True American when you're done, that's totally up to you.



This Tumblr has several that geeks like me can appreciate, but there are tons out there. Just looking for something active to do during commercial breaks? Fitness Magazine put this easy peasy workout together for you.  All you need is a couch, throw pillow and a remote! 

I guess there will be no more snuggling in while I continue to marathon House, M.D., but I sure will look cute in my vintage surf bikini!

No comments: