Thursday, November 15, 2007

Answer Day (a day late)

I'm delighted to say that I think the weekly question and answer session will live on! I've been a bit behind this week, since I've been filling my time with job interviews and attending to a friend's personal matter. As promised, here are your answers:

Joey wanted to know: what kind of dog food is best for a small breed of dog? I'm thinking about changing brands.

I've been feeding my dog Science Diet. My family has used the brand for years, and the animal shelter I found my furry friend in recommends it, too. They offer it in several formulas, including Puppy, Adult, and Senior, as well as a diet version for overweight dogs. They have a small bites option in each formula, so it's made for a small dog's mouth. They sell it at most vet offices, as well as Petsmart and Pet Co. Here is a link to their website. A small bag should only run you about $10 a month. That's a small price to pay to insure that you are purchasing something from a reputable company that has your animal's health in mind. With the recent scare involving poisioned pet food, I'd pay much more to keep my dog healthy and happy.

Anonymous asks: I have a young child and I'm sick of listening to Raffi all day. What's something that will entertain them and me at the same time?

Let's see. Do you have an hour? I've got a ton of suggestions, but I'll just touch on a few that really stand out. I'd be entirely remiss if I didn't mention The Beatles, Yellow Submarine. Kids love it, and most adults do, as well. Show them the film! It's colorful and something they can sing along with. Somewhere in my collection, I have a Schoolhouse Rock! Rocks compilation disc that is chock full of classic learning songs recorded by rock and rap artists. Imagine Pavement, Blind Melon, or Moby singing something that will help your kidlet in school. That's good for a road trip to grandma's. I've got to say that anything done by They Might be Giants is spectacular and will entertain kids, for sure. I'd check out Here Come the ABC's. Lastly, I'll bet you didn't know that Johnny Cash made a children's album. Find it here. The Dinosaur Song is my favorite!


P.S. I had to remove one of the questions, as it was an inside joke between me and a friend. I would have attempted to answer it, but it really is a moot question that only entertains us. I'm still here to offer you fun, friendly, researched advice and answers. Keep asking and I'll keep answering!

No comments: