Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving: an Entry of Gratitude


Happy Thanksgiving!


I thought I'd use this entry as a forum for gratitude today, and I hope you will all take some time this afternoon and remember the many things you have to be grateful for. Feel free to send me comments with things you are thankful for.


First, I'm so grateful for my wonderful family and friends. Without you all, the tough times would have been tougher. I'm glad to have you around.


Second, and this is a bit selfish, I'm grateful that I won't be working Black Friday. It looks like my paperwork wasn't processed in time, and even though the money would help, I won't have to go anywhere near the scary sales and traffic jams! Woo hoo!


I'm grateful for my dog. He's a sweet little boy who entertains me constantly. I thank him for the laughter and for letting me adopt him. If that's cheezy, I don't care!


I'm happy to be given the chance to turn my finances around and make the sorts of investments that will help so many. It's been my dream, and I'm so thrilled to see it starting to develop.


I'm thankful to have a car that starts, even if I'd like to replace it soon. It's gotten me so many places, including Dallas. I'm grateful for that trip, the new friends I made, and the old friends I got to catch up with again.


I'm very lucky to have my health, and the knowledge to maintain it. I lost 30 lbs this year, and I intend to keep that up!


I'm blessed to have a roof over my head and food in my stomach. God knows there have been moments where it looked like I wouldn't have either.


Despite my feelings on some of the decisons that have been made, I'm happy to live in a free country where democracy is practiced. It could be a lot worse.


Lastly, (not that it's the last thing I'm grateful for), I'm thankful for naps. I'm going to go take one now...


No comments: