Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Hour Day!


November 12th is Happy Hour Day. On this day in 1745, in a pub in Ireland, the first Happy Hour took place. Grab some of your mates and have a Guinness to celebrate. Don't forget to toast! Here's a great one. Turn your speakers down, because there's some cheezy midi music playing on this one.


If you're a non-drinker, you can make yourself a mocktail and still be a part of things. Here are some great recipes:


Try a Designated Appletini. I think Zach Braff would be proud.


My favorite is the Shirley Temple. I remember ordering these when I was a little girl!


The Beach Blanket Bingo sounds tasty.


What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice guinness graphic!! you know what you're doing ;)
well i don't have any great recipies, but would offer one suggestion: sparkling water (e.g. san pellegrino or perrier) is MUCH better with scotch than soda....you get the bubbles but none of the sugary overtones messing with the booze-

Geeky Bunny said...

I have a friend who swears by Sprite and Vodka. Especially with those flavored ones. Watch it, though. You're bound to forget there's anything in it, it's so smooth. I'm not much of a liquor drinker, myself, but it was pretty tasty.