Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Answers in the Afternoon, (as promised)...

Here are your answers for Wednesday. I've got several things to do to prepare for work tomorrow so after this, I'm outta here for a while. Stay warm and I'll get a late entry up tomorrow evening.
Jacque Costeau, who may be reaching us from the great beyond, wanted to know: N'avez-vous pas pris des Espagnols dans le lycée ? Quand avez-vous appris le français ?
Oui, j'ai pris des Espagnols à l'école. J'ai appris être français sur le choeur pendant la majeure partie de ma vie. Le reste de ce que je sais, j'ai juste repris. Je regarde dans un de ceux "apprenez que les Français dans que la voiture" ou "apprennent le français des programmes en semaine". En attendant, j'apprends beaucoup avec des poissons de Babel.

Or if you prefer your answer in English: Yes, I did take Spanish in school. I learned some French being in choir for most of my life. The rest of what I know, I just picked up. I'm looking into one of those "Learn French in the Car" or "Learn French in a Week" programs. In the meantime, I'm learning a lot with Babel Fish.

Sadie asked (quite pitifully, I might add): Why do you love Harry more than me now? Did I do something wrong?

For those of you who don't know, Sadie is my dog that lives at my Mom's house. I attempted to take her with me when I moved out, but had some serious competition. I often get a bit of flack from those lucky enough to see her on a daily basis. Sadie was the first fuzzy love of my life. Harry's little story just melted my heart, though. Come on. I'm a sucker for anything cute and furry.
Sadie, can you ever forgive me? I'll tell you what. If you two can learn to like each other, extra long tummy rubs, and cookies all around, (but you can have just a little bit more).

Jessica wanted to know: If they were making a movie of your life, who would you want to play you?

Without question, Kate Winslet. She can do comedy, drama, and indie films like nobody's business. I even love her in Titanic. That's right, I said it!

Jan said... A few years ago, I came across this quote while surfing the web: "We would all benefit if intelligence was the general condition." I forgot where I found it and who said it. Do you know how to find out who said it?


My first inclination was to see what happened when I entered the quote into Google and hit search, but I'm sure you proved that to be as unhelpful as I did. I know there are several quote pages online that organize their quotes by topic. Quoteland was the best I found for this, but it did not yield a result. There are also quotation dictionaries, but I do not have access to one at the moment.


Frankly, just hearing it brings Winston Churchill to mind. He's my favorite curmudgeon. I also slightly suspect that it may be something one of the Crane brothers has uttered. Sadly, in all of my research, I could not locate a person to associate with that quote. It may just be anonymous. I will open it up to the readers, though. If you know who said it, send me a comment. Together we can solve the mystery.

No comments: