Saturday, November 17, 2007

Try Veggie!


My readers that know me, know that I enjoy being a vegetarian. I have "friends" who have tried to pursuade me to change my values, and I'd like to challenge them to take another stance. Aside from being a great dietary benefit, it's cruelty-free, and can help you to reduce your carbon footprint!

I know a lot of you will be carnivores for life, but did you know that eating just one meatless meal a week can make a drastic change?


I took this from worldwatch.com (read the rest of the article for more tips on how to go green!) : "While strict vegetarianism isn’t for everyone, even the most devout carnivores can cut back on meat consumption without cramping their style—and save money in the process. Industrial meat consumption requires huge energy inputs and creates noxious waste problems. The proliferation of factory farms is damaging the environment, and the global nature of the industry creates conditions that promote the spread of diseases such as avian flu, potentially costing society billions."


You don't have to be like me, and give up meat all together, but once a week isn't much to ask. What do you say?

No comments: